Thursday, May 21, 2015

Update on Blogging+ Creating Self Study Tests Online

I am fortunate to have picked up new private students as well as picked up afternoon hours Wednesdays and Fridays in Loudong teaching PE and Art. I also want to start studying my Chinese again. That means I don't have the leisure time to create online self reviews/tests and personal pages for my private students for each week. I am hoping that can do it by themselves.

Here are the 2 websites I use to create self tests, and review games.

Studystack
Quizlet

Its very user friendly, create a free account, input the new vocabulary word and the definition, then save it. Voila! Easy!

For definitions, I use the Cambridge English-Traditional Chinese Dictionary. Its great for showing several definitions, sentence examples and is pretty comprehensive. It has more words than the pocket electronic dictionaries and is a good resource for your English homework and self study.

For entertainment as well as educational purposed, use YouTube to find videos related to your week's subject of study.

Some Channels for ESL study are:

Bookbox English: They have read along stories that are mostly world folk tales and fables.

Rachel's English (American English) I highly recommend this channel!

Best English Learning Videos

Let's Talk, with American Accent Training

ESL and Popular Culture (British English)


See you next class!

No comments:

Post a Comment