Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Coldplay 酷玩樂團 In Taiwan Last Week


Coldplay was in Taipei last week. If it were 17 years ago, I'd totally go see them. It was in 2000/2001 when Coldplay came out with their first album and I was living in Tamsui at the time. They were pretty sensational when they first appeared on the music scene. Now a bit too commercial, but I'd still be impressed if  my students went to see them live. Some other HD students in my school did go to them. they took the day off school, so well done! Heck, if it wasn't a school night and I had the funds, I'd take my 11 year old because she has never been to a rock concert and its totally age appropriate.

I will use this news article from the Taipei Times and introduce my 8th grade ESL classes some Coldplay songs and do some listening and writing as a warm-up. I'm only using songs from their first 2 albums as the latter are personally less interesting.


A Sky Full of Stars
Chris Martin Taiwan Interview







No comments:

Post a Comment